Saturday, April 26, 2008

The First of Many

Well, it is official, I am a blogger. I wish I could tell you that I thought of this idea on my own. That would not be true. Truth be known, it was my sister that got me involved in the world of blogging. Not quite sure if I will be thanking her or wishing her demise. That is yet to be seen. So...without further delay, here it goes, my first blog.

I turn 45 years old this year. Not that I will let it effect me in the least bit, or I am at all sensitive about my age, or that I care that I am now on the down-hill slide toward 50, or that from here on out, things will only get worse, or that I care that I no longer can read a menu, look up a number in the phone book or read a map without the use of cheater glasses, or that my children are of age to have children of their own. No, none of that is affecting me in the least bit.

I was born an observer. My skills of observation are strong and most times, I can read a person's life just by watching them. A therapist would tell you that it is because I can't or don't want to involve myself in the activity of living. No, I prefer to sit back and watch the fireworks fly. Herein lies the essence of my blog. My casual observations of the world typed in html for anybody who cares to read them. And remember, if you object to any of my oberservations, just remember, I'm "that kind of girl', so don't take it too seriously.

No comments: