Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good Lord, My Forehead is Creased

So, today, I took a good long look at myself in the mirror. I have long been a sufferer of seasonal allergies, and the trees are budding. My eyes are crimson and sore and not really working as they should. I removed my contacts and stepped closer to the mirror to inspect the carnage. And that's when I saw them....Two vertical lines in my forehead, on both sides of the center. I stepped back....still there.....I scowled......still there?...I relaxed my face.....still there! They won't come out!

I decided that I should try something else. Look surprised....still there.....smile broadly.....still there! Oh no! They are still there! Ok, a more drastic measure, grab the temples and spread the skin--oh good, they're gone....let go of the skin......still there! Crap! How did this happen?

I then started thinking about why this could have happened. Okay, relax the face....still there, only not as bad......smile.....still there, only not as bad.....scowl....oh, really bad, really still there......could it be that I spend the majority of my day with a scowl on my face? Is this what could have caused the permanent creases? Oh, Good Lord, these are permanent.

My mind was racing through every magazine I have ever read, was there something, something I could buy to magically make the lines disappear? Oh, it's going to take a lot of Oil of Olay to make these bad boys fade. I remember looking through the Sephora website and cruelly laughing at the fact that they had a product called "spackle"--I need some filling in.

I spend the majority of my day at work, and for some reason, I scowl when I am there....hmmm, and this scowl, held for 9 hours each day could be the reason my skin is permanently creased or irrepairably damaged...hmmm, there has to be a way to file some type of worker's comp claim....hmmm. Botox is out of the question, I don't do needles.....or could I? hmmmm. Oh, they're still there!

Barrettes...I could pull my hair back with barrettes and that will tighten my forehead and the lines will disappear....oh, that would be stupid....thinking, thinking....bangs, mall bangs, bangs over the forehead...that's something to work with, at least until I get this figured out. I could wear a sweatband across my forehead, like that lady from the Quacker Factory on the Home Shopping Network....no, silly, that won't work, you'll never find enough colors to coordinate with all your outfits...Quacker, that's a funny name, and I do like ducks...Oh, ducks, they're yellow, well at least the kind that go in the bathtub...speaking of that, isn't my son supposed to be taking a shower?...Yeah, it's supposed to rain tomorrow, better wear something warm to work.....I wonder if my gray slacks are clean?....well, they might be clean, but are they pressed?....Iron, that's a dumb name for that appliance....Iron is made of steel....my husband is a steelworker...Crap, I forgot to make his lunch for tomorrow....What was I talking about?

No comments: